Setting your preferences¶
As a user, you can manage your personal settings.
To access your personal settings:
Click on your profile picture in the top, right corner of your Nextcloud instance.
The Personal Settings Menu opens.
Personal Settings Menu
Choose Settings from the drop down menu.
If you are an administrator, you can also manage users and administer the server. These links do not appear to a non-admin user.
The options listed in the Personal Settings Page depend on the applications that are enabled by the administrator. Some of the features you will see include the following:
- Usage and available quota
- Manage your profile picture
- Full name (You can make this anything you want, as it is separate from your Nextcloud login name, which is unique and cannot be changed)
- Email address
- List of your Group memberships
- Change your password
- Using two-factor authentication
- Setting your preferences
- Choose the language for your Nextcloud interface
- Links to desktop and mobile apps
- Manage your Activity stream and notifications
- Default folder to save new documents to
- Your Federated sharing ID
- Social sharing links
- Nextcloud version
Available options and settings depending on your administrators configuration. If you are not able to change the password or the display-name in your personal settings, please contact your administrator for help.