Memory requirements for running an Nextcloud server are greatly variable, depending on the numbers of users and files, and volume of server activity. Nextcloud needs a minimum of 128MB RAM, and we recommend a minimum of 512MB.
Recommended Setup for Running Nextcloud¶
For best performance, stability, support, and full functionality we recommend:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- PHP 5.4 +
- Apache 2.4 with mod_php
- Server: Linux (Debian 7, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3 & 12, Red Hat Enterprise Linux/Centos 6.5 and 7 (7 is 64-bit only), Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, 14.04 LTS, 14.10)
- Web server: Apache 2 with mod_php
- Databases: MySQL/MariaDB 5.5+; PostgreSQL; Oracle 11g (currently only possible if you contact us <https://nextcloud.com/enterprise> as part of a subscription)
- PHP 5.4 + required
- Hypervisors: Hyper-V, VMware ESX, Xen, KVM
- Desktop: Windows XP SP3 (EoL Q2 2015), Windows 7+, Mac OS X 10.7+ (64-bit only), Linux (CentOS 6.5, 7 (7 is 64-bit only), Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, 14.04 LTS, 14.10, Fedora 20, 21, openSUSE 12.3, 13, Debian 7 & 8).
- Mobile apps: iOS 7+, Android 4+
- Web browser: IE9+ (except Compatibility Mode), Firefox 14+, Chrome 18+, Safari 5+
See Manual Installation on Linux for minimum software versions for installing Nextcloud.